Alright, this recipe doesn’t need a fancy narrative, it just needs you to take your sweet self into the kitchen and make it now-yes, you can eat breakfast for dinner.
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking POWDER
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T sugar
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1 very ripe banana cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 handful milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 handful peanuts or walnuts (unsalted)
- 3 T melted butter (optional)
- 1 T vanilla (optional)
whisk together dry ingredients.
make a well for wet ones, gradually add wet to dry ingredients
poor by 1/4 C onto hot (375 degree) griddle
drop sprinkles of banana, chips and nuts into batter
flip just once after tons of bubbles appear
slather with butter, dust with powdered sugar if you are a diva or syrup like Mr Wonderful does and inhale
with leftover batter, for Walter the Wonderdog, I put just bananas and peanuts in the pancake…Bagels like Walter love pancakes too.