I could eat tacos every. single. day. Honestly.
Tacos as we know them in the Wonderful residence, typically are born from whatever is leftover in the fridge, or what can be tossed together before it goes bad in the fridge. I had a few onions that were about to sprout and take over the cupboard, so I used those for the base of these tacos. PS: anything on a tortilla tastes good. Knock yourself out in your own kitchen.
- 2 C butternut squash mash (pulled from freezer) – okay to use from freezer section at store-cubed is fine too; heck use sweet potatoes if you want
- 2 C black beans, cooked (pulled from freezer) – okay to use canned
- 2 large yellow sweet onions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 tsp powdered cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- corn or flour tortillas, your choice
- topping [obviously pickled jalapenos, arugula, salsa, and taco sauce]
Saute onions in olive oil until transparent or bronzed. Add smashed or cubed butternut squash and black beans to this mix along with all spices. Warm through. Serve on a tortilla.