It’s a rare opportunity when you can shake the hand of the person who not only planted, but harvested and DELIVERED your fruit and/or veggies to, your, door. I don’t want to ruin the fantasy I have playing in my head about him digging up my little french radishes, putting them in a cooled green bin and driving them over to me personally just to say hi…but he basically did just that.
I’m going to keep this short and sweet. Doorganics delivered today, thus, these tacos were created from my bin. Go online, hook up with Doorganics and be pleasantly surprised. I was.
I give you Doorganics Tacos.
- 1 tablespoon, vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh white or yellow corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced ( I used purple)
- 4 french radishes, finely diced
- 4 green onions, green parts diced only
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- goat cheese or Daiya to taste
Heat half of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Toast corn 5 minutes, stirring; season with salt. Remove corn; set aside. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Cook onion, stirring, until it caramelizes, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, both peppers and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until warm-I like ’em crunchy still. Add zucchini; cook until tender but not mush, 6-10 minutes; season with salt. Add corn, beans, oregano and pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Split filling among tortillas; top each with 1 1/2 tsp salsa, a few bits of radish, green onion and 1 tsp cheese. This makes a TON more than 8 tacos worth. I’m taking it to lunch tomorrow sans shells.